POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : My animation crashed POV-RAY : Re: My animation crashed POV-RAY Server Time
29 Apr 2024 14:14:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: My animation crashed POV-RAY
From: melo
Date: 21 Feb 2008 18:00:00
Message: <web.47be01d8e2d08be6587ef5e20@news.povray.org>
Thanks Chris.

Well, in my previous working life, I used to teach and preach good software
engineering practices, one I strongly believed in was configuration/version
control.  Did I apply any of those into this mini skeletal animation personal
project?  Noo.  Can I recall, load an earlier version that did not crash
POV-RAY with most of my additions, enhancements?  Remains to be seen.

Well, how I wish I forced myself to come up with a file header that would
document  what I did since last working version.

Okay, enough self-bashing.  It is a miracle that I remember the additions since
the last working version with corrected POSE file 1.

I will keep  copy of the scene file that crashes POV-RAY.  When v4 comes out, I
will run it against it.

Chris, would you mind giving me a link to your PovPerson again?  The link I had
only had various facial renderings, and examples.  It mentioned that you used
BlobMan as the body for your PovPerson head+Face+Hair.  Now, one other
animation discussion took me to a site that had a full body walking animation
showing the POVPerson walking straight at towards you.

Now I am confused, does PovPerson has a full skeletal and skin and movement
animation, in addition to facial animation?  s/he moves much smoother than my
23 joint rotation driven skeletal.  Looks like once I get it working again, I
need to switch using spline interpolation, I am grateful you encouraged me to
use a macro to do the interpolation between poses, for each joint involved in
the move, for now I linearly changed its rotation vector from its previous
rotation vector to its current rotation vector.   Thanks to arrays, I looped
thru joints, then for each joint participating in the move, I called the the
interpolation macro.  Then when I have all the joint vectors determined as
such, I rendered the scene for that pose. Valla REPEAT FOR AS MANY POSES AS
THERE ARE FOR MOVE. For walking I have 13 Pose files.  For sitting? I shall
see.

Thanks again for taking the time to give me pointers.  Yes, this will be hard
problem to chase down.